Changing bulbs to LED question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought some G5 LED bulbs for a floor standing uplighter from Aliexpress 2 years ago.
They were cheap so I had little confidence in the longevity or much else.
I was tired of continually replacing the halogen bulbs it came with.
Two years on they still provide a nice colour temperature and none have failed.
There is an LED store (there are probably many) on Ali that sells the same stuff that you might find on Amazon but a lot cheaper.
Last time I looked they had all Edison screw sizes and G series in various outputs and colour temperatures, spot fittings in various cutoff angles.
If you don't mind waiting a month for your order to arrive it is a money saving option.
Branded gear such as Osram and Philips is surely the best but my eyes cannot distinguish any difference in a given colour temperature.

Best thing with luminaires containing multiple fittings operated by a remote is managing the colour temperature.
Guests who don't seem to want to leave your cosy house? Give them some 5000K to wake them up a little. :biggrin:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Light sensitivity and the flickering of LED lights are both known effects.

Some are worse than others. I bough a load off fleabay which were quite unpleasant and really did seem to flicker. I chucked them out, but all the LEDs in the house, and I think I've replaced every incandescent bulb now, are all absolutely fine

classic33

Leg End Member
Some are worse than others. I bough a load off fleabay which were quite unpleasant and really did seem to flicker. I chucked them out, but all the LEDs in the house, and I think I've replaced every incandescent bulb now, are all absolutely fine
It's the colour of the light, too blue, and the flickering that can cause the light sensitivity and headache's.

Top Bottom