Changing to rigid forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haventaclue

Hi guy's, i have a 2017 Boardmen hardtail com MTB 27.5. Its wearing SR Suntour Epicon 120mm fork.
Am looking to put a pair of rigid carbon forks on it. Turn it a little more toward the gravel.
Havent a clue what forks to put on. So many different types.. Any suggestions wouldn't even know what size to choose?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hi guy's, i have a 2017 Boardmen hardtail com MTB 27.5. Its wearing SR Suntour Epicon 120mm fork.
Am looking to put a pair of rigid carbon forks on it. Turn it a little more toward the gravel.
Havent a clue what forks to put on. So many different types.. Any suggestions wouldn't even know what size to choose?
I did similar to my Trek 6500 SLR with 26" wheels. I just felt as if I was carrying heavy suspension forks around for no good reason as I wasn't doing proper MTB'ing.
I bought a pair of these carbon forks from a company called Exotic. Link.

1631829528214.png

They certainly made a noticeable weight reduction to the bike, but are still perfectly capable of being used on some rough terrain like Land Rover type tracks. I would rate them very highly, and still look great after about 7 or 8 years. Here they are fitted to the bike....

1631829783163.jpeg

I can't advise re sizing but I think the linked site will have the appropriate recommendations.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The issue is to know the head tube angle and match the effective offset to what you have now and know how the handling will differ if offset is greater or less.

Top Bottom