Channel 4 TdF theme music question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Putting together a few video snippets of the 2005 tour I went to see and I'm trying to find the theme music that Channel 4 use, which I think is based on Give It To Me by the Buzzcocks but that doesn't really cut the mustard as a backing track.

Anyone know if you can download the Channle 4 theme from anywhere?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
never mind that, what about the original c4 theme tune that people think is kraftwerk but isn't?

red_tom

PETE SHELLEY
Tour de France [SOUNDTRACK]
NOTES:
Stephen K Mulrine notes: 'Pete Shelley also composed the theme music for "Tour de France" on Channel 4 in the UK. The duty officer's letter states that it is "not commercially available" and credits it to "PETE SHELLEY AND THE BUZZCOCKS". It was at least five years ago [as of Jan 1994] that they started using that music - but certainly no more than eight, so I doubt that the rest of the BUZZCOCKS were involved at all. It's on every night for a few weeks during the summer - Channel 4 have the UK TV rights to the famous cycle race. The title sequence has changed a couple of times over the years but the theme tune has remained the same.' Gez notes: 'very short, and played whilst you see a cyclist riding. The whole thing amounts to around 50 seconds.' Marshal Peters reports in the Secret Public newsletter #11, May 1996, that the music is from the song 'give it to me'. The music is changed for 1997 and Pete Shelley's theme is no longer being used. (???)
Gez notes: 'Also, while the Tour De France is on at the moment [Aug 1998], Channel 4 show highlights each night and Pete's music is still being used as the theme for this.' [Unknown if the theme was dropped for 1997, or has been in continuous use.]

From here

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Thanks Proto: I found that but it wasn't long enough and I couldn't find anything else better, so I used a different track. Virtual pint for anyone who can name the track I used. Shouldn't be too hard.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

alecstilleyedye said:
tour de france - kraftwerk

Well found. I don't like the Kraftwerk one though :smile:

Top Bottom