charge or fizik

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hugely subjective question IMO. Both are closer to 20 sheets so maybe get one of each and see which you prefer? Re-sell or return the other.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Personally not the charge, never tried that fizik so can't help on that one, it's basically suck it and see, different saddles suit different bums.^_^

Berties

Fast and careful!
Like lots of extra kit you buy for your bike ,it's the one that fits you,
A trip to a lbs would allow you to get sized ,with no commitment to buy !,to give you a idea of what you need

inkd

charge spoon was vastly more comfortable than my stock so im happy but I may come across another make thats even more comfier, cant comment on the fizic as I have never tried one. As said above, buy it try it keep it or sell it.

Have used the charge on my commuter for years - comfortable saddle for comutting duties. I did experience some "numbness" when getting low on the drops over longer distances (30+ miles) though. However, as others have said, it's personal preference and the only way to really find out is to try. How about using a saddle library?

zacklaws

Guru
Its not so much which saddle, but which one is the right size to fit your sit bones and it does make a big difference to comfort and also performance and neither of them have their sizes listed.

I used to ride on a Fizik Arionne, till I got a bike fit and it was found my saddle was too narrow for my sit bones. On film, my hips where rocking from side to side through lack of support. I was recomended a Fizik Alliante instead which is a wider saddle. On fitting it, my hips stopped rocking and made an overall difference to comfort and performance, I suddenly went from doing rides of around 130 miles up to 250+ a day with no discomfort.

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a spoon on my winter/spare bike it is ok but I prefer the fizik arione on my best bike. Can't comment on the linked fizik and would agree that saddles are a personal choice.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im not getting on with my Fizik arione . Ive put it on the Defy to try and break it in but it just aint breaking . I would love another Selle Italia SLR team addition with red high lights for the TCR but they seem to be discontinued :angry:
Or one of those yellow saddles with TEST on it . They look soooo cool ^_^

LimeBurn

Über Member
I have a charge spoon on my MTB which is better than the stock boardman saddle but its only ok on rides upto a few hours for me after this I find myself moving around a lot more to get comfy. Not a patch on my prologo though.

Top Bottom