Charge Plug 3 Special Edition 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Just got it, so thought I'd post piccies before it gets covered in winter schmung:

plug1.jpg

rearqh.jpg

fronhub.jpg

chainset.jpg

barmc.jpg

brakeay.jpg

stem.jpg

stem2j.jpg

saddlee.jpg

seatstem.jpg

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
seatstem2.jpg

gears2w.jpg

gearsy.jpg

peddle.jpg

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Thanks for the kind comments.:smile:

No, I'm just an enthusiastic amateur. These were taken with and Olympus Pen EP-1 and FL-36 flash which would total about £250 second hand.

It helps to use a proper bounce head flash gun, which tends to require an DSLR, which in turn means a larger image sensor and therefore clearer photos. Mostly, I just take a shed load of images, pick the good ones, then adjust and crop in GIMP. Even with a compact, adjusting the exposure in levels and cropping out the unimportant stuff makes onehelluva difference.

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
It's sad, but not even having ridden it, there are two things I know I want to change. Maybe three.

One is the grips. I have large hands ( an octave and two, on a piano) and so I like a nice big grip, otherwise my fingers seem to go dead.

The pedals. I like some sort of toe clip/strap and these offer no possibility of that. They will go.

Tyres. My Kona Blast had skinnier slicks than the balloons the Plug has arrived with. I'd like something slimmer, with reflective sidewalls (I'm a dad and want to be around to see the boy disappoint me!) as these seem to have happened since I last got interested in bikes. Suggestions welcome. :smile:

wanda2010

Guru
On a point of order, I recall the accepted bike pic rulz was the background should be a white wall, pedals level front and back and wheels arranged so markings were in the same position on both, giving it a nice 'flow' :laugh:

Apart from that, and the changes you want to make. Me like lots :thumbsup:

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Damn, I knew I should have moved everything out of a room and painted it white. #notbloodylikely :smile:

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I've got a ruddy great Squire enclosed hasp padlock and chain.

Years ago, I had the same bike nicked on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve. Both times, it turned up a day later against the same wall in a village nearby. Both times, it was locked with a combination lock, albeit two different ones. I learned my lesson and rely on big chains and keys now.

Top Bottom