Charge plug owners - what modifications would you recommend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stinboy

Über Member
Hello all

I've been commuting on my charge plug 2 now for a couple of months now and wondered what upgrades people have gone for?

First thing I did was change the pedals to eggbeaters (should be standard issue on every bike ;)) and recently popped some chaintugs on. But that's it so far.

Brakes are a bit unresponsive granted, but they do stop the bike so that's not my immediate concern. I'm finding that the wheels go out of true very quickly. Admittedly my commute (30 mile round trip) has some crap road surfaces but I'm finding I'm doing a quick fix on the spokes every few days or so. To be fair, the term 'quick fix' might well be the problem, but I've never this problem on any other bike.

I bought the plug because the winter months/bobbins roads were taking their toll on the geared bike and also I wanted less time fiddling with it and more time with the family when I get in from work. At the moment it's becoming more of a hassle from that point of view though, and Mrs Stinboy is getting well upset (I sold the fact that I needed the current n+1 based upon low maintenence :whistle:).

All suggestions welcome - thanks for listening everybody :smile:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
If still relevant to you; rebuild those wheels with properly tensioned spokes & your problem will disappear.

On bad surfaces, avoid potholes, & if you can't then at least take the weight off & let the bike 'see saw' over them.
(Lean slightly back as your front wheel is about to make contact then lift off the saddle as the rear wheel is about to hit.)

Top Bottom