Charge spoon.....any good ..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toeknee

Über Member
Hi all ,

Heard so much about these saddles, and seen many for sale, could you good people give me your opinions on them, if you own / had know someone with one, I am very tempted to get one , because of the positive reports seen on them.
While I'm here , I know saddles are a personnel choice, but could anybody tell me of an instant comfortable saddle, or what do you perch on / and why.

Thanks
Tony.

screenman

Legendary Member
Best advice I can give is get measured. Whatever you get if you are new to cycling you will have to break humour bum in.

Could anybody tell me of an instant comfortable saddle
Nope!

The Charge Spoon as you've seen is widely regarded as a great saddle for many. I tried a titanium version on my best bike though and hated it for any ride of 20+ miles. I now use a Specialized Romin Expert saddle and have found it to be very good, although there was still a breaking in period with it TBH.

TBH though I have just bought another Spoon but only to put on my spinning bike, the time spent on that means I don't have an issue with the Spoon, and for the money they're hard to beat.

[EDIT] great advice from screenman re: getting your 'arris measured :thumbsup:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Tough one to answer. Many people on here have said the charge spoon to be great for anything up to 20 miles then get a bit uncomfortable.
Fizik saddles get good right ups !

Adam1965

Here's one on my MTB
image.jpg

LimeBurn

Über Member
I have a spoon on my hardtail and its a good comfy perch for not much cash - but like others have said its a bit harsh after a couple of hours. The prologo scratch on my roadbike is far superior but the so is the price unfortunately.

Peteaud

Veteran
I was a fan of the spoon but after having a go on a Cannondale stage saddle, i binned the charge.

boydj

Legendary Member
I have Spoons on 3 bikes currently, including the posh leather/titanium one on my good bike, and they have completed thousands of miles with no problems. I've just bought the new version - the 'Scoop' for the new bike that I've recenly completed. After a couple of hundred miles it seems to be pretty good so far.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My experience for what it's worth....
Fitted a Spoon to my hybrid commuter that also gets used for most century forum rides I take part in and have found it absolutely delightful. Done about 7k on it and I don't ever wear padded cycle shorts. Just fitted another to my rebuilt MTB and on a recent killer mountainous 18 mile ride it was just great.

I have to admit that even after a long 100+ mile day in the saddle on my Spoon I am still keen to swing a leg back over the bike and do the 10 mile commute to work for a night shift :thumbsup:

Apparently some people don't like them :wacko:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I've got them on all three bikes. The great thing about them is at you can get a used one to try, and if you don't like it it will fetch what you pay for it, so no risk.

jamin100

Guru
I'm trying to find a replacement for my spoon at the moment. Comfortable for me up to about 20 miles anything after that and it gets sore.

Thinking about a fizik aliante

wintergreen

I have a Charge spoon which came on my Plug. Its comfortable enough for short journeys but wouldnt want to spend all day on it.
The only way you will find out if its good for you is to try one. They are only cheap to buy so if you dont like it you could sell it again and wont see too much of a loss.

Top Bottom