Charge spoon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi inkd,

I see the seat is sold, but do you mind me asking about the seat?
I'm hearing a lot of good things, but then it's a lot with nothing to back it up.
What makes this seat good? What's the longest you rode on it for?

I've been looking at a few seats to change my stock one, but unfortunately I know it's a case of either buying with trial and error, or trying to talk to an LBS to doing a test scheme with it.

Thanks,

What makes this seat good?
It's just a personal thing, as it is with all saddles IME, and FWIW I don't like Spoons ;)

That said I'd never advocate for and against any one particular saddle, but the advantage of the Spoon is it won't break the bank, and if you don't like it then you'll virtually get your money back as the demand for them is always strong.

So they make for an easy gamble when compared with a higher price saddle.

The best option though is to measure your sit bones, or go to an LBS that can do it for you and then advise you accordingly.

Thanks @smokeysmoo , I'm just curious as as you say, demand is high for them, but just not finding someone saying why it's "the best" seat.

I definitely need to go to my LBS, as my old stock seat was great, did coast to coast on it, but oddly this year's isn't the same. :sad:

As for measuring my sit bones, I think I've a bit too much padding to be able to do that haha!

Thanks inkd, just interested as to why it's such a comfy perch.

I phoned an LBS this avo about it, and they've said I can buy it, try it for 28 days and see how I feel with it, if I don't like it, I can simply return it free of charge.
I like the look of your one though, Specialized have nice gear, but so expensive.

I'm like that with something's. Got to support local business.

Would you say the spoon was comfortable on the hybrid? I'm riding on a stock MTB saddle, and after 45 miles you can feel it.

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

It was a lot more comfortable than the stock saddle on the hybrid and it was more comfy than the stock on the road bike but not comfy enough. Buy one and give it a whirl, at least they hold their price if you cant get on with it. One thing I would say is give any saddle at least 100 miles ride distance before you decide.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi inkd,

I see the seat is sold, but do you mind me asking about the seat?
I'm hearing a lot of good things, but then it's a lot with nothing to back it up.
What makes this seat good? What's the longest you rode on it for?

I've been looking at a few seats to change my stock one, but unfortunately I know it's a case of either buying with trial and error, or trying to talk to an LBS to doing a test scheme with it.

Thanks,
He sold it, That's how good it was.:whistle:

Top Bottom