Charging Exposure lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moda

I've been using an Exposure Blaze and Diablo 5 bike light for the past couple of weeks.

Last night I plugged the Blaze in to charge at about 7:30. The green charge light was blinking. I then forgot about it till the following morning. At about 8:15 I went to put it into my cycle pack for the commute I noticed that the green charge light was still blinking. The Diablo is the same.

The instructions for both lights is sparse and doesn't seem to give an indication as to what a fully charged light looks like I.e. a solid green light.

Can anyone confirm how I know if these lights are fully charged or the correct way to charge them.
Thanks

The light charger has the indicator lights that changed from red to green an 80% or 90% with trickle charging for the rest of the time.

The flashing green on the light indicates that the charger was on, connected and functioning as opposed to a level indicator.

OP
OP
Moda

Moda

The light charger has the indicator lights that changed from red to green an 80% or 90% with trickle charging for the rest of the time.

The flashing green on the light indicates that the charger was on, connected and functioning as opposed to a level indicator.

That's kinda what I thought, so how can you tell where you are in the charge cycle? Is there an indication that the light is fully charged?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Just a note on charging these lights, if you're not using the supplied usb charger, some usb chargers can be easily overloaded when charging one of these exposure lights, and it can seem to be charging forever. When my Exposure light is charged the light itself illuminates dimly.

OP
OP
Moda

Moda

if you're not using the supplied usb charger, some usb chargers can be easily overloaded when charging one of these exposure lights, and it can seem to be charging forever. When my Exposure light is charged the light itself illuminates dimly.

The Diablo comes with a wall charger so I use that for both lights. I only use USB for emergencies or work time top-ups. As the USB cable has a proprietary connector I thought you could only use the supplied cable.

Haven't noticed either light glowing dimly. Would like to know the battery charge state so as not to get caught short.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I charged mine last night:
The led on the light flashes green when the charger is connected, it does not change when charged.
The Exposure charger has an LED which shows red when charging and changes to green when the light is charged.

On a related subject. I have just bought a Lezyne Superdrive XL from CRC and I cannot get either battery to charge. The green charging light flashes for about 35-50 seconds then the battery charged light comes on although there is no life in the battery at all. What am I doing wrong?

I have recently purchased an Exposure Sirius and i had the same issue regarding charging. The light didn't come with a charger though and the light simply came with a usb cable to plug into a computer or laptop. The light flashes green and never indicates when the battery is charged.

Firstly is this over charging the light? Secondly there appears to be an accessory which charges from the socket. This seems to have a light going from red to green when charged.

Surely it can't do any damage if this is how the product is sold?

The light is excellent btw and Wiggle are doing it on sale.

Top Bottom