Charity cycle ride organisers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Hi,
I work for Shaftesbury Young People, a childrens charity www.shaftesbury.org.uk

I was talking with a coleague today about fundraising. and knowing that I cycle she asked if I would do a cycle ride for SYP. This got us into a conversation about the organisation of a charity bike ride and if there are companies which take on the organisation and running of events on behalf of charities.
So, has anyone any experience of or know of any such companies?

Mark.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi,
I work for Shaftesbury Young People, a childrens charity www.shaftesbury.org.uk

I was talking with a coleague today about fundraising. and knowing that I cycle she asked if I would do a cycle ride for SYP. This got us into a conversation about the organisation of a charity bike ride and if there are companies which take on the organisation and running of events on behalf of charities.
So, has anyone any experience of or know of any such companies?

Mark.
Well, before PaulB comes on here and tells you this - many people are not impressed with the way that Bike Events go about it! When you sign up for their rides, it is very easy to imagine that the cash you are handing over goes to the charities. That is not so. They take all the money themselves and send you sponsorship forms so you can raise money for the charities if you feel like it. They also charge the charities for running the events. It wouldn't be so bad if they just took a fixed chunk of the entry fees (say 25%) but that isn't the way they do it.

Top Bottom