My first (?) Charity ride Diary.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
My Wife's Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers perhaps 6 months ago. "We" could all see it's onset, and can see her deteriorating pretty fast. But that was the time of the official diagnosis. Coupled with that - my Boss's Father was also diagnosed at pretty much the same time. He pops into my work alot. This means i have contact with - and get to see the truly heart-breaking effects on a daily basis.

Culmination of all that - is 6 of us (Wide range of ages / abilities and hardware !!!) at work have decided to do a 50-mile charity ride on some of Suffolk's wonderful Coastline on Sunday June 11th; to raise awareness. And of course funds for research and care. So the "Harleston Engineering "50" is born...............

So far we've set up a Just-Giving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/harleston-engineering-1677585643140?utm_source=whatsapp

…….got some sponsor forms being delivered out to sit at various locations today and have some Posters, a free T-shirt and other promotional items on the way from the Alzheimer's Society too. (Even without all that we've managed £230 raised on day 1 !!!)

So......i'll try to keep this brief, but for interest will snap of few photos of any Training days, of the participants sometime, of us taking part in the ride on the day, of anything we get in the local papers before and after etc etc

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I remember watching my Nan decline with this terrible disease. First noticed when we would visit and she would make a pot of tea then ask what she was doing half way through doing it. Horrible. I wish you all the best in your fund raising ride.

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Thankyou VERY much to the couple of people from here that kindly donated yesterday. Not expected. But MUCH appreciated !

Couple of T-shirts and some promotional stuff arrived yesterday. Need to see if i can persuade our Office Manageress (****Slightly more photogenic than this 50 year old bald male ? :whistle: ) to stick one of the T-shirts on, stand in-front of our work signs , snap a few photo's - and get us some early, local-media coverage.......

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Managed to get a lead in with the local Masons this week. The first lodge (Of 9 !) raised £95 alone for us after I gave them the low-down on what, why, when and where. They seemed genuinely touched.
I guess we all know someone with Dementia or Alzheimer’s these days…..

REALLY appreciated that boost - and our total is now at £330 raised after 10 days or so 😎

Top Bottom