Charity cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philglh

I was thinking of cycling from London to Dundee on my cargo cycle raising funds for the NHS. But it being a cargo partly assisted electric cycle. Would need to stop and recharge. Any suggestions out there for this idea 💡. And anybody like to join me

Sharky

Guru

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't know if this will be an option but, presumably the bike is still useable without the e-assistance? Just ride it as a normal bike and save the electrickery for when you absolutely need it on that killer climb etc.

Are you camping or staying in accomodation at night. If you can manage with just a nightly charge then you don't have a problem.

Dan77

Big fan of the NHS but it's funded from government. I find it rather odd when people raise money for such an organisation. It should have the funds it needs straight from the government and if it doesn't, a few hundred or few thousand quid is a drop in the ocean compared with the NHS budget that runs into 10s of billions per year.

There are a lot of excellent charities struggling for funding that are entirely reliant on donations. There are also a lot of people who's needs have been largely ignored during the pandemic and have become more reliant on charities who at the same time have been unable to fundraise effectively due to the pandemic. A good number of these charities are also run by unpaid trustees who make sure that every penny is spent effectively.

Doing things for charitable reasons is of course admirable though and I wish you luck with it.

Top Bottom