Charity Event John O'Groat's to Land's End (Solo and Unsupported)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamR

Hello fellow cyclists,

Hope you are all well. I am writing to you as I will be cycling from John O'Groats to Land's End unsupported. The idea is to complete the 1000 mile journey within 10 days. This cycle challenge will differ from most, as I will complete the full route with no money for food or accommodation. I will be relying solely on food donations and those willing to provide me with free accommodation. Any mechanical failures to my bike, I will rely on charitable bike shops and mechanics. I will be documenting my journey using a Go Pro Camera, and will post daily video updates throughout my journey. I chose cancer research UK as my girlfriend (Sandra) lost her mum to cancer.

Any support or ideas you may have would be gratefully received.

This is a link to my fundraising pagehttp://www.justgiving.com/AdamReed2402 If you could forward it to anyone you think may be interested in my journey, I would really appreciate it

Many thanks for your support.

Adam

A Message from Sandra

Hi Folks,

This July marks the 20th Anniversary for my dear Mom (Viv/Vivienne) who passed away very suddenly. 20 years ago treatment, diagnosis and support for cancer patients and their families was a world away from where we are today. That said, I think most would agree too many loved ones, continue to be lost throughout our world to this devastating and heart breaking disease.

Adam and I are dedicated to assist Cancer Research in its search for a cure. As part of this plan, we are going to run several fundraising events from now until September. Adam, slightly more athletic driven than myself to say the least, has decided to start with an epic bicycle trek from John O’Groats in Scotland (most northerly point of the UK) to Land’s End in England (most southerly point). This Journey will be 1000 miles in length and Adam will average around 100 miles each day. This is the equivalent of over 3 times the length of Ireland! (I’m feeling faint just thinking about it!)

The plan is to travel by train to John O’Groats which will be his starting point. From there he will travel south, covering 9 stages in 10 days, through the Highlands, Central Scotland, Scottish Borders, Cumbria, Midlands and the south west of England, completing his journey in Land’s End. However, unlike most cyclists who have attempted this challenge, Adam will be doing the whole journey without any additional kit or support vehicle. I offered to provide back up, but apparently the Peugeot isn’t quite what you see on the Tour de France! However, I will be travelling north to see him off and will brave the wilds of England to see him arrive. All he will have is his legs and his bike! This makes the challenge that bit harder.

To further support fundraising, we will be organising several mini events such as, a Tennis Tournament, cake sale, sponsored silence (guess who’s doing that!), 24 hour ‘stay awake’, 24 hour fast, not on the same day I may add! I would rather do the 1000 mile cycle!
We would greatly appreciate any support, and have posted the sponsorship page which provides more info on the event and Cancer Research.

Thanks everyone x

Top Bottom