Charity Raffle and vote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urbanfatboy

Über Member
Out of parts donated by folk on another forum, 2 bikes have been built. The bikes will be raffled and the money donated to charity. This was mentioned on STW, if anyone is interested the STW thread can be found below. Pictures of the bikes are here

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=3386116&t=3385851#reply_3386116

2 charities have so far been decided on for the money to be donated to, a poll for a third worthy cause is currently on going on another forum. Anyone interested in contributing to the vote can vote in the link below (you'll need to register to the forum of course).

http://uk-mtb.com/viewtopic.php?t=5376

Cheers

I'd like this to reach a wide audience so I hope no one will mind if I post it in other threads
UFB

*has vietnam war style flashbacks at the mention of the words charity raffle*

hope you have your licence sorted

you'll need one if you sell tickets in advance... and you'll need to print the name(s) of the charity on the tickets.

there are quite strict rules on what you have to do for advance sale raffle tickets, best check up on them.

you might be able to get coverage for the licence from one of the charities, so check with them.

good luck!

you might want to check on the legality of that....

you could: take a 'suggested donation' to help contribute to a xmas charity fund and all contributors will be entered into a draw to win a bike.

you might want to think about opening justgiving pages for the charities that will benefit... this would also mean that each donation could be gift aided.

at the end of a given period (the draw date) the pages will be closed and all names noted and one picked (you might want to get someone to verify this, just in case anyone complains)

sorry if i've rained on your parade a bit, but i've dealt with these things and they can be a complete pain... all it takes is one person to complain/question the raffle and you're in trouble.

i'd go with the donations and prize draw method. using justgiving and the gift aid will mean extra money too (the small percentage justgiving charges is easily outweighed by the gift aid and ease of payment to the charity)

all the best

no probs... it's my job (well, was and hopefully will be again soon)

it's always worth informing the charities involved as well, to make sure they know it's happening in case anyone questions it and also to see if they can help promote it. many have features on their websites to plug events and they might be able to put a link up to the justgiving page.

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
Well after a certain delay, this is now live.
Look here

http://www.uk-mtb.com/viewtopic.php?t=6101
and in other threads

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
ok, entering the final stages now, we're up to £200 but we were hoping for £400 by end of the month, you've just been paid. C'mon, better odds than the lottery.

Top Bottom