Charity Swear Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Depending on your upbringing, twat is either a mild insult equivalent to twit, or it's something else altogether and very rude indeed!
round here 'twat' is almost a compliment! or at least not particularly rude
Cheers Ed

I'll be skint at the moment if I join in with this. Can't I mug the offending drivers that make me swear instead?

It's a fab idea, though I'm going to find it really farking expensive.

I'm confident that I can find a regular supply of worthy people who'd benefit enormously from the purchase of a disability bike for their use. However, even though we are a 'not-for-profit', a Community Interest Company, (sort of half way between a charity and a limited company) we are a commercial operation. I would have to flag a conflict of interest. If people are happy for me to find people who need a disability bike - and/or sell them one with the proceeds from the swear box I'm up for it.

Bottom line: I'm happy to go with whatever the group decides.

I'll happily be in on this though I rarely swear so won't be donating much; but then like numbnuts Tesco says, every little helps.

I thing that 'Wheels for wellbeing' thing looks like a good thing to donate to.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Ok-

Start counting them tomorrow (1st May).

You decide what counts as bad language. 20p a go.

It doesn't count if you only think it.

Please keep CC free of cussing.

Lets decide later who gets any money raised.

Get the miles in and get busy!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm gonna mark every time I swear on my bike by notching my handlebar just near the stem with a hacksaw. Then I can count 'em.

L14M

Über Member
I personally think a charity like help for heroes would do well, perhaps if you get in contact with them and perhaps help them to get veterans directly into cycling?

Liam

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Haven't sworn in my life... don't know why, just can't manage it. Even had to put up with thick people who thought it would be funny to try force me to.

.... so carry on, sounds like a worthy cause. In fact now I remember a student on my course once bet me £20 he'd hear me swear before the course ended... didn't, but £20 + interest from 1977 must be worth a bit by now, I'll donate that if I can track him down!

Perhaps only those who contribute the most should be able to nominate where it's donated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom