Charity Swear Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I have Shauns permission to instigate this on here and I would like to see if we/you/I can raise some money for charity every time we swear out loud while cycling.
At 20p a go I'm good for a quid a week.

The difficult part as I can see it is choosing which charity to support and I've come up with a couple of ideas for that. I'd really like to keep it as simple as possible once it's running, if there's any interest.

First idea - people nominate a charity they'd like to benefit and a poll or two could be set up to find out the most popular charity which then receives donations that people have made. This could then change on a yearly basis. Money paid through a Justgiving account or something like that.

Second idea - @mickle has offered to identify adult cyclists or would be cyclists who are in need of financial assistance to get mobile. I'm quoting him as saying that he'd have no trouble finding worthy recipients. We couldn't set up a Justgiving account for this so I'd have to collect donations separately.

Thoughts and ideas?

I'll do as much as I can to get this off the ground but would like it to be as low maintenance as possible.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think the charity really ought to be a cycling based one. Mickle's idea seems sound, but anything bike-based gets my vote. I'm gonna call everyone on my commute a ******* ***** ************ *********** just to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I think I shouted fark shoot twat just before I headbutted the car on Thursday night. :blush: So I might owe it 60p if there are no exceptions.

young Ed

Veteran
I think I shouted **** **** twat just before I headbutted the car on Thursday night. :blush: So I might owe it 60p if there are no exceptions.
but is 'twat' a swear word? considering you didn't sensor it i'm not too sure!
i must have missed this, what happened thursday night then? maybe point me to relevant post? hope you're okay!:B)
Cheers Ed

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't earn enough to pay 20p every time II swear on my bike, probably only just break even at a penny a go! :cursing:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

young Ed

Veteran
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/taken-out-tonight.154347/
I am fine, a tad bruised but nothing serious.
The site filter doesn't block twat. We will have to see if @longers counts it as swearing. As I now owe either 40p or 80p.
you don't owe anything yet as you swore before we set up the page or even decided weather or not to do the whole idea! if i paid 20p for every time i ever swore on my bike in my whole life (only 15 years) i would be skint!
Cheers Ed

winjim

Smash the cistern
Depending on your upbringing, twat is either a mild insult equivalent to twit, or it's something else altogether and very rude indeed!
but is 'twat' a swear word? considering you didn't sensor it i'm not too sure!
i must have missed this, what happened thursday night then? maybe point me to relevant post? hope you're okay!:B)
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom