Charles Bronson could be released from prison soon, after 50 years inside. How would you cope after so long, if you were released?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
55538093-0-image-a-55_1647654185839.jpg

1_SWNS_BRONSON_TIPS_002.jpg

If this was you how would you cope? Let me see, he'll hear those big wooden doors close behind him and then he'll be on his own. He'll probably be wearing a 1970's flared pants suit and platform shoes. He won't have a clue about mobile phones etc. He'll probably head to a pub expecting to pay 35 pence for his first pint in 50 years. He'll then head to a chippy expecting to pay 50 pence for fish and chips. He won't know what 'e-scooters' are. After a while, he might decide he doesn't like life on the outside and think about robbing a bank to get sent back inside, but can't find one left! He might then decide to punch a copper on the nose which should work, but he won't find a copper on the beat.

What would YOU do on your first day of freedom, after 50 years of incarceration? 🤔

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Knowing people like him, he'll have an army of 'fans' to help him, like the scum train robbers, particularly one who ended up in Brazil 🙄

It took 50 odd years, but there is now a loco called 'Driver Jack Mills' at least.

Now, just to recognise the secondman who was thrown down the embankment and suffered just as badly... 🙄

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
View attachment 680599

View attachment 680600

If this was you how would you cope? Let me see, he'll hear those big wooden doors close behind him and then he'll be on his own. He'll probably be wearing a 1970's flared pants suit and platform shoes. He won't have a clue about mobile phones etc. He'll probably head to a pub expecting to pay 35 pence for his first pint in 50 years. He'll then head to a chippy expecting to pay 50 pence for fish and chips. He won't know what 'e-scooters' are. After a while, he might decide he doesn't like life on the outside and think about robbing a bank to get sent back inside, but can't find one left! He might then decide to punch a copper on the nose which should work, but he won't find a copper on the beat.

What would YOU do on your first day of freedom, after 50 years of incarceration? 🤔

Being in prison doesn't mean you have no knowledge of the outside world.

He will certainly be well aware of how prices have changed with inflation, and will know perfectly well what mobile phones are. He will almost certainly have had aTV in his cell for much of his sentence.

And during the last few months inside, he will have been given advice and support on living outside.

It shouldn't be as hard to adjust as you suggest.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's not going to happen.

But I agree with @Alex321 - he knows the world has changed, and knows how the modern world works. I've only watched the first part of the BBC documentary but it's clear he's pretty switched on.

There was a documentary about it. His son took the cameras to the caravan park to show the caravan he's going to be living in. Plenty of kids and families were walking or running past. The son even wondered out loud how well received he'll be. Lol! If I lived there and recognised the place I'd be looking for somewhere else.

He's trouble. I understand that most of his prison time came about from his actions inside prison not for his original bank robbery conviction. Perhaps he's best left there. Warehouses until he's definitely incapable of violence.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Accy will be taking on a lodger fairly soon.

Top Bottom