Charlie Wegelius

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
There's one other in our office who follows the cycling and we both always comment on Charlie Wegelius and how he occasionally gets mentioned but you never see anything of him. He's like the invisible man of The Tour - I realise he's doing his domestique job working hard for his team but it's odd he doesn't get any attention at all.

Anyway, good on you Charlie - keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Noodley

I think his decision to ride for his Italian teammates rather than for Hammond in the 2005 World Championships made him a bit of an outcast with British Cycling...and possibly the cycling media in Britain.

He wasn't the only one not riding for Hammond as Tom Southam did the same - 2 members of GB team not riding for GB 'leader' was not popular!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We spend so much time concentrating on what's going on at the front of the race that it is easy to forget the pain and suffering a great many riders are going through just to survive every day. Wegelius won't be the only one enduring three weeks of hell to get to Paris, for me these guys are the real heros of the tour, riding themselves to a standstill just to finish.

giannarothchild

We spend so much time concentrating on what's going on at the front of the race that it is easy to forget the pain and suffering a great many riders are going through just to survive every day. Wegelius won't be the only one enduring three weeks of hell to get to Paris, for me these guys are the real heros of the tour, riding themselves to a standstill just to finish.

He's a doll, boys. A truly good man. He's been best mates with Garzelli for years and has always spent his time in service of others on the road - rarely gets to ride for himself.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
There's one other in our office who follows the cycling and we both always comment on Charlie Wegelius and how he occasionally gets mentioned but you never see anything of him. He's like the invisible man of The Tour - I realise he's doing his domestique job working hard for his team but it's odd he doesn't get any attention at all.

Anyway, good on you Charlie - keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Invisible like Denis Menchov and he's at the front - supposedly!

Stange

Weggy packed it in??

according to the Beeb, yes.

Genman

Good point well made.

Top Bottom