Charly Wegelius

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That was because it was not the hospital, but my local GP in a routine investigation about another issue.
Just to comfort anyone, it was not anywhere near Manchester because I don't live in that part of the country.
It happens as you get older, doctors seem to get more interested in you, especially if your resting pulse is low and BP is good, with a history of competing in sport followed by years of just occasional pootling about without any real efforts. It seems the effects of an athletic focussed past carry into later life, for which I'm grateful.
It keeps me on the "glass half full" side of the equation!:smile:
indeed, when i had blood pressure/heart rate at work a while back the tester had to confirm with a senior that the test was done right

Booyaa

Veteran
Thanks for the response @resal interesting story indeed. It didn't really answer my question though, I was more surprised at the apparent attitude you had with oldroadman. However I see where you have issues and that is fine. I was in no way suggesting you are in the wrong and I certainly do not mind that you have a different view than everyone else I was just asking why the nastiness towards another member.

resal

Veteran
This is a Wegelius thread so I apologise for the diversion but just in case any of you were thinking this pack of sh** were the real McCoy for you to worship each Sunday, think about this http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...x-jibe-only-moments-after-victim-leaves-stage.

A dinner for victims of childhood sexual abuse. You just can't make it up. Think he would care any more than Lance about conning the lot of us ?

You are looking for a "firebreak". The first sign is that it looks nothing like the rest of the clan. Oh - and the clan hate that individual.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This is a Wegelius thread so I apologise for the diversion but just in case any of you were thinking this pack of sh** were the real McCoy for you to worship each Sunday, think about this http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...x-jibe-only-moments-after-victim-leaves-stage.

A dinner for victims of childhood sexual abuse. You just can't make it up. Think he would care any more than Lance about conning the lot of us ?

You are looking for a "firebreak". The first sign is that it looks nothing like the rest of the clan. Oh - and the clan hate that individual.
Linking an unwise, drunken, poor taste joke to Armstrong and doping, is crass, childish and misguided even by your rapidly diminishing standards Resal.

Interesting story @resal.

The wider question is about truth and reconciliation. Obviously guys who did well but got caught like Riis, Vinokourov etc. still operate in cycling at a high level yet they never opened up about what they did - they are guilty yet officially allowed to operate in plain sight somehow.

Thom, there is little doubt that the sport is much cleaner now but the omerta still exists to some extent. It's not like pro's are falling over themselves to spill the beans.

How many pro's actually come forward and name themselves as ex dopers and provide the where, when's and how's? How many point the finger at others due to what they have seen or heard - even if they are 100% clean? The reality is that they get outed and then, ONLY THEN, have to admit to their pasts.

If the sport hung out to dry every ex rider who doped, or had allegedly doped, there would be no one left from the 90's and early 21st century. Some big names too and that wouldn't help the sports reputation. In my mind though that would be no bad thing. In fact i'm convinced that most riders with at least some experience in the peloton have total knowledge of the goings on behind the scenes and have decided that silence is better for their careers, hence pleading ignorance. No one wants to piss in the soup but by doing nothing they continue to cause damage to an already fragile reputation.

resal

Veteran
...unwise, drunken, poor taste..............crass, childish misguided

Not much to chose between how you judge those two separate actions. Sorry I am causing you so much pain. Look in the mirror - is it really so much fun imagining the Sun shines out of the backside of a guy who thinks so much of himself that on a professional job he behaves like that ?

Some of us have never used language like that in our lives, let alone in a private with friends. Think of the step from that mindset to thinking so much of yourself that you could say it in public, on screen and whilst at work !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not much to chose between how you judge those two separate actions. Sorry I am causing you so much pain. Look in the mirror - is it really so much fun imagining the Sun shines out of the backside of a guy who thinks so much of himself that on a professional job he behaves like that ?

Some of us have never used language like that in our lives, let alone in a private with friends. Think of the step from that mindset to thinking so much of yourself that you could say it in public, on screen and whilst at work !
I won't even dignify this tripe with a proper response.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
resal - I've defended your contributions in the past, but I have no idea what you think you are going on about now, and it seems indefensible. You've got some experience and things to say - perhaps you might want to think a little more about how to say them effectively so that you don't completely alienate even the people who may agree with you.

resal

Veteran
I won't even dignify this tripe with a proper response.
Rich - you played the man not the ball once and then when I gave you the chance to get off the hook you have just gone for more.

I nor any of the people I value, would have dreamed of behaving like Brad did, in private let alone public. You selected a group of adjectives that compared my actions to the appalling behaviour of Sir Bradley.

If you can't work out the difference then so be it.

Top Bottom