Chat GPT - frame materials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Check out Chris Millar cycling on YouTube - ‘The future of road bike design’. He revues a bike made from a combination of carbon, steel and brick! 15% faster, 7% stiffer and 13% more compliant than last year’s model, despite being the first one ever made! 😀

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Yet Felt and Cannomdale in particular are renowned for making very comfortable riding top-end alloy frames.

For example, in a recent 'dale CAAD13 review...

"...In fact, it’s a brilliant all-round performer, with accurate handling and a remarkably smooth ride that shames many more expensive carbon bikes."

I rest my case, m'lord.

Cool - from an engineering perspective I stand by my previous post; however you can only call things as you see them. Ironically my Boardman Team Carbon (what's yours?) is signficantly nicer to ride from an NVH perspective than my old ally Giant OCR (which incidentally died through fatigue-induced cracks in the frame)..

Also, wasn't my intention to spark off yet another frame material debate (we all know Steel's the daddy :tongue: ) ; was simply the first question that popped into my mind when bothering the bot..

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a Boredom SLR 8.9, 2020. Didn't really want it but a chum was selling everything short of a kidney for a flat deposit so I got it bwrely 4 or 5 months old for half price.

IMHO (and that of my arris and hands) my now quite obsolete 6061 framed 2015 Felt F75 gives a pusher ride with less vibes. Same saddle on both bikes.

Top Bottom