Chavs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Legendary Member
I live on my own. That'd mean not talking to anyone at all face to face. In fact all 3 of us live alone. We have a right to some social interaction surely!
You do, but within the rules and so you can meet one of those 2 people, for a socially distanced walk (not a social chit chat in the shelter) and then the other one on a different day, alternating between the 2. You could also form a “bubble” with one of them, only, if it’s an exclusive bubble between the 2 of you, as you both live on your own.....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I live on my own. That'd mean not talking to anyone at all face to face. In fact all 3 of us live alone. We have a right to some social interaction surely!

Look Accy, I do fully sympathise and I know it's really hard for people that live alone, but at least recognise what the law says:

Meeting other people
It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

Now recognise that you're complaining about other people breaking the law, while you and your two mates are also breaking the law.

Why not go for a walk with one of your friends, you're allowed to exercise with one other person. But quit hanging around the shelter, it'll do you good to get away from there anyway and it might save you getting a fine.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rules are one other person. I've not met anyone outside my house since before Christmas. My wife has met one friend for a walk, or one of her two sisters for a walk. 3 is not in the rules.

Just be careful as these 'kids' aren't afraid to stick someone with a knife. They don't comprehend the consequences

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sadly a lot just don't give a crap either. I 'supported' someone to court once due to 49 non appearances! I went to make sure he got there. They said he would be on tag. I thought great about time. They made appointment to come and fit a week later not on the spot? They were genuinely surprised when he was not in when they arrived at the hostel to fit it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Look Accy, I do fully sympathise and I know it's really hard for people that live alone, but at least recognise what the law says:

Now recognise that you're complaining about other people breaking the law, while you and your two mates are also breaking the law.

Why not go for a walk with one of your friends, you're allowed to exercise with one other person. But quit hanging around the shelter, it'll do you good to get away from there anyway and it might save you getting a fine.
Yes,technically we're breaking the law,but we aren't being totally anti social like that lot are. Where are we supposed to go or what are we supposed to do in the daytime,never mind the night time? We see many others flouting 'the law' yet we're supposed to stay indoors under virtual house arrest while the likes of these 'chavs' get away with it! Maybe we should phone the police and tell them what's happening in the park. I know for a fact that many more of them gather up there after dark. One bloke who lives nearby tells me some nights there are 20 to 30 of them. And why are they there? Parents that don't give a toss and no schools to go to because the teaching unions are now running the education department,not the government!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
A few days ago walking through town I heard this chav conversation.

Asian gurl prob 17-18 yrs old cycling toward me on a BSO on the pavement wearing tracky bottoms and a hoody although hood down. Thinking I am about to get a tyre across my chest, a Vicky Pollard woman from across the road on the other pavement shouts,

VP : "Oi! Neen-ah ain't seen you for f*****g ages ..... I didn't know you got married"

Neen-ah stops abruptly in front of me blocking the pavement: "Yes, I got married at the Mosque..........."

VP : "You didn't get married in a church then?"

Neen-ah looks confused.

:rolleyes:
VP types like to have a 'conversation' by shouting at each other across a road. Why not just cross the road to talk face to face?. They also absolutely love to hold an Eastenders-style argument on their mobiles in loud voices, like:

'I f******g hates you slaaaaaagggg!' etc.

lane

Veteran
Had an interaction with some "chavs" once. Well maybe not chavs - certainly teenagers with the hoodies etc. Was cycling through Biker in Newcastle, with a friend, at night in the dark, finishing the coast to coast. We were lost and stopped looking at the map, trying to follow the sustrans route to Whitley Bay. Suddenly this large group approaches us and I thought this might not be great. What did they do - ask us if we were lost and give us spot on directions.

Cerdic

Rules are one other person. I've not met anyone outside my house since before Christmas. My wife has met one friend for a walk, or one of her two sisters for a walk. 3 is not in the rules.

Just be careful as these 'kids' aren't afraid to stick someone with a knife. They don't comprehend the consequences

This is getting like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - "4 is right out..."

:laugh:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
As a newbie I'm happy to get booted off so I have to say this is a very ugly thread, full of hate. The prejudice is off the scale.

Yes there are big problems in any society but how does simplistic name calling improve our understanding o r lead to solutions?

Multiple people on here are happy to pigeonhole people based on a single outburst or jump to conclusions about them based on dubious evidence. Labelling them as chavs is being judge, jury and hangman.

Very disappointing to find that a bunch of Daily Mail readers (I can do labelling to) hang out on a Cycling forum.

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, I think the Guardian readers comfortably outnumber them hereabouts, and their favourite insult is to label people with which they disagree as gammon - a nice piece of neo racism. They are as capable as promulgating a nice bit of hate as the Mail readership, so don't kid yourself that nasty behaviour is confined to the readership of any one newspaper...or the supporters of any one politcal party. They're all at it when it suits them.

I'm more of a Sunday Sport man myself, or the Dandy if I'm in the mood for a more intellectual read, although Desperate Dan's persistent references to Brexit are starting to wear a bit thin.

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Had an interaction with some "chavs" once. Well maybe not chavs - certainly teenagers with the hoodies etc. Was cycling through Biker in Newcastle, with a friend, at night in the dark, finishing the coast to coast. We were lost and stopped looking at the map, trying to follow the sustrans route to Whitley Bay. Suddenly this large group approaches us and I thought this might not be great. What did they do - ask us if we were lost and give us spot on directions.
That's what I love about the north-east :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
As a newbie I'm happy to get booted off so I have to say this is a very ugly thread, full of hate. The prejudice is off the scale.

Yes there are big problems in any society but how does simplistic name calling improve our understanding o r lead to solutions?

Multiple people on here are happy to pigeonhole people based on a single outburst or jump to conclusions about them based on dubious evidence. Labelling them as chavs is being judge, jury and hangman.

Very disappointing to find that a bunch of Daily Mail readers (I can do labelling to) hang out on a Cycling forum.

Pretty much agree.

- but its labelling too

Even when - maybe particularly when scolding the less socially progressive sorts on here, we like to maintain our spelling standards.. :okay:

Top Bottom