Cheap action camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I bought one of these and am very pleased with it.

I bought it on the basis of this review:

Remember when viewing sample footage that Youtube (and others) compresses the files and attempts to optimise the video quality to suit your internet connection rate. You can download some uncompressed footage from Techmoans blog here.

Techmoan's always good to look at for camera reviews.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Well, my savfy lasted about a month and then stopped charging. When I took the battery out just now I found out why, because the battery terminal dropped out at the same time

C17JJpMWIAQ6aw4.jpg

Attachments

• C17JJpMWIAQ6aw4.jpg
    C17JJpMWIAQ6aw4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 44

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Great thread, thanks. GoPro must have a massive marketing budget, but I'm sure for most folk something a lot cheaper would do the job 80% as well...

Tesco petrol stations sell action cameras for 35 quid or something but I've no idea if they're any good.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think the Vivitar is very similar to the intempo one B+M are selling that I mentioned: http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/intempo-action-camera-305941

I think they're both variations on a model called 123S or something similar to that.
Quick update on this: setting the constant/3min/5min recording interval to 3min or 5min, rather than shutting off the recording after that many minutes (as I thought), actually puts the camera into a dashcam mode where it starts a new AVI file after that time and deletes the oldest recording automatically when the card is full.

Top Bottom