Cheap and Cheerful MTB - Like New

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I bought this bike new in April 2010 as I needed something to keep at my girlfriend's house - it's done 100 miles (if that) and for reasons too complicated to go into here it's been sat in my garage gathering dust for the last 18 months.

2e3s4k3.jpg

More photos here

It's an Ammaco XXR10 (still available if you Google it).

I'm not going to pretend that it's the best bike in the world, but for the money (I paid £200 and have the original receipt) I reckon it's OK. Basic details:

Aluminium frame with front suspension - Omni 191C7 fork (the frame and fork both have disc mounts)
24 gears
Shimano trigger shifters
Shimano front mech
Shimano Altus rear mech
8 speed cassette (not a screw on freewheel)
Quick release wheels and seatpost
Weinmann rims

The bike is in excellent condition. It has a few very minor scuffs and scratches from storage but apart from this it's virtually as new.

It's a large frame, bought to fit me at 6'2". The seat tube is 21" from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of seat tube, 18" centre to centre.

The bike's in Keyworth, South Notts. Collection preferred, but I may deliver locally. Sorry, but I'm not prepared to post it.

If you're looking for a cheap but reasonable quality bike to do a bit of gentle off-roading this could be what you're after:smile:

I'm looking for £100 for the bike.

Please feel free to contact me on here or by email - simonrobinsATgmailDOTcom - with any questions.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Not even remotely interested (I have an MTB), just letting you know the picture in the listing isn't working :tongue:

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Thanks both, the image was working for me but it isn't now - the link still works tho'. No interest here, so I think this will be going on ebay at the weekend anyway!:smile:

Top Bottom