Cheap and cheerful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tino2005

Hi guys, newbie here. Would really appreciate some advice please.

I am looking for a single speed/fixie for fitness riding. I don't want anything too fancy/pricey as it will get chucked in the boot of a car and taken to France each week whilst I am working over there (been 12 months so far!). I work in the Nord region of France, so pretty much flat and fast everywhere (apart from the Belgian cobbles) Ouch!
I managed to do ride London for charity last year on just weekend riding. However, I am well aware that its not enough really. I have signed up again this year and I want to 'do a bit' during the week. But without the worry of leaving it around in hotels etc whilst at work as I would if I took my road bike.
I have a max budget of £230 that I need to spend ASAP otherwise the family will have it away. Are the bikes on Ebay for around £165 - £250 good enough for what I need?

D

Deleted member 1258

Tino2005 you have a private message.

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Tino2005

Tino2005

Hi all, thanks for your messages. I have taken the plunge and bought @dave r (above) Pearson Touche.
Went out on it for the first time last night and did 13.5 miles. Was really weird not being able to freewheel, and she 'kicked' me a few times when I forgot. I guess that is part of the learning process!!!!
But more annoying was not being able to adjust my seating position easily. I am not a racing snake so there is quite a lot of weight going onto that seat, hence why I move position regularly for comfort. I had to stand and pedal then hope I managed to plonk myself back down in a good position. I'm sure it will come from experience though.
All in all I really enjoyed the ride, even against the bloody wind on the way back!

D

Deleted member 1258

Hi all, thanks for your messages. I have taken the plunge and bought @dave r (above) Pearson Touche.
Went out on it for the first time last night and did 13.5 miles. Was really weird not being able to freewheel, and she 'kicked' me a few times when I forgot. I guess that is part of the learning process!!!!
But more annoying was not being able to adjust my seating position easily. I am not a racing snake so there is quite a lot of weight going onto that seat, hence why I move position regularly for comfort. I had to stand and pedal then hope I managed to plonk myself back down in a good position. I'm sure it will come from experience though.
All in all I really enjoyed the ride, even against the bloody wind on the way back!

What the problem with the position? Perhaps we can tweak it a bit.

OP
OP
Tino2005

Tino2005

It's me adjusting my position on the seat as I'm riding Dave. Just got to get used to it.

Top Bottom