Cheap and simple GPS computer / tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Now that the old fella is getting out regular, he wants to track his rides (I dare not tell him about strava and KOM segments - he will be chasing any below the 15.5 mph limit of his electrical assistance!).

So to that end Im looking to get him a cheap GPS so he can see how fast he is going (he may be old, but still a boy racer at heart) and how far he has gone.

Im not after perfect condition, doesnt need to be in a box, just working, reasonable battery life and a mount.

What ya got?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You don’t need a gps computer for that, a cheap Cateye or similar will do the job and give a few more options to boot :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Like @Cycleops said, a basic wired/wireless wheel sensor based computer will usually give speed, distance, time, max speed, ave speed and an odometer. Unless he really, really wants mapping too (which needs online functionality to be of any use/interest) a sensor system should cover it.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Thanks for the suggestions - I should have said he wants GPS as he recently moved to a new area and often follows his nose and wants to be able to retrace his tracks. He says he has seen some lovely looking pubs... but cant remember where they are!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Now that the old fella is getting out regular, he wants to track his rides (I dare not tell him about strava and KOM segments - he will be chasing any below the 15.5 mph limit of his electrical assistance!).

So to that end Im looking to get him a cheap GPS so he can see how fast he is going (he may be old, but still a boy racer at heart) and how far he has gone.

Im not after perfect condition, doesnt need to be in a box, just working, reasonable battery life and a mount.

What ya got?
Did you get anything sorted? I've got an old Garmin 605 which still works and I've just updated the GB map.

Top Bottom