Cheap & Efficient Phone Mount (QNT)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WIGHTDIAMOND

I was mulling a mount for my phone on the newly acquired QNT. As it will be used as a cycle computer and GPS it was important that it sat in the right place but frankly there weren't many natural spots for mounting without purchasing something fairly expensive like the RAM mounts I use on my motorcycle.
Now I also do a fair but of off-roading in Jeeps and for years I've used a strong magnetic mount for my phones in those. The ones I use provide incredibly stable mounts and none of my phones or ipads have ever fallen despite some hefty forces inside the cab. I had one spare and looking at that centre post on my QNT it looked like the perfect fit.. and it was!
Now I need to test this before I squawk too much as previously this system has been used in a cab. However, in no way do I expect the wind to cause the mount any problems and if it did a single piece of velcro strapping around the middle would sort that problem. I'll report back after I've been out with it but all being well these things cost £2.50 on eBay and look great simply because they can't be seen!

eBay Link To Mount

MOUNT-1.png

MOUNT-2.png

MOUNT-3.png

MOUNT-4.png

MOUNT-5.png

MOUNT-6.png

MOUNT-7.png

jeffoi

In the same vein, I was thinking of getting a 'bumbag' (I expect I'm showing my age, there, but they were all the rage when I was around 7). Just so that if I get lost my phone is in easy reach for map usage.

Anyone ride with similar around their waist?

Always Cross

Veteran
I use a bum bag to carry my wallet phone and house keys as trouser pockets are no good on a trike. Also it makes sure I have ID on me as if I have an accident I will be taken in ambulance but not the trike. My eyes aren’t that good I wouldn’t be able to see the phone properly on the derraliur mount. I have a Garmin attached to the mirror mount.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Since I have no rack on my Q, I've fitted a Topeak handlebar bag onto the back of the seat. Big enough for various gubbins, and it rests nicely on the rear mudguard so no rattles.

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

I have the Givi Cargo 20L on my rack at the back. Great bag that straps down to a very compact size when not full and reasonably priced, too.

81gYkRSosDL._SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

Gave the phone mount a good test on some bumpy roads today and all worked flawlessly. I used nothing else to secure it, just the magnet and it held it without any probs at all.

Top Bottom