Cheap GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
On the Garmin Edge 200 entry on Wiggle, they warn that you may need to purchase more detailed maps. Has anyone had to do that? How much are the maps? Also, I'm unclear if its just for recording your ride, or can you also load routes into it (for organised events and the like)?

I think you can upload routes, dont know how tho.

On mine it gives all the info on the screen, speed, distance, avg speed etc.

Then when i get home i plug it in to the pc and download to the garmin / strave sites

On the garmin site you can view your route on google earth, plus it gives all the altitude & speed reading as a graph(s)

2nd hand from ebay cost me £70 all in. and there is no wires so looks better

On the Garmin Edge 200 entry on Wiggle, they warn that you may need to purchase more detailed maps. Has anyone had to do that? How much are the maps? Also, I'm unclear if its just for recording your ride, or can you also load routes into it (for organised events and the like)?
You can't add more maps to the 200, but you can add routes to it that you can then follow as a breadcrumb trail. IME it's perfect as I just want to glance at the screen and see what I need, I don't need to see all the side roads etc, and if you miss a turn it beeps at you and flashes alert on the screen to get you back on course :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
You can't add more maps to the 200, but you can add routes to it that you can then follow as a breadcrumb trail. IME it's perfect as I just want to glance at the screen and see what I need, I don't need to see all the side roads etc, and if you miss a turn it beeps at you and flashes alert on the screen to get you back on course :thumbsup:
That could be useful when in summer and I am doing a bit of exploring around the countryside.

Top Bottom