Cheap Lights and Cycle Computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alasdair Geddes

Hi, can anyone recommend a good cycle computer and good lights that won't cost allot?
It this any good?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-LED-Bik...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1e70b399d9
or should I go with something a bit more expensive?
I've heard bad things about wireless and I don't see the point in it, but if it's cheap and it works then ok.
The cycle computer needs to at least have a speedometer and a stopwatch for my road bike.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
If you have a smart phone you can download an app to do a better job for you than a cheap cycle computer. On ebay check out the 7 day shop for good, cheap lights. There are a lot of cheap powerful lights on line.

Kies

Lights fall into two categories.
1. To be seen ( urban, town riding)
2. To see with (dark country unlit lanes)

Prices vary from £2 - £200 so it really depends on what you need.

compo

Veteran
Cycle computers, wired versus wireless. One advantage of wireless computers is that when you service your headset bearings you don't have to remove the wire to allow the forks to drop out. Depending how it is routed down to the sender it can be a PITA.

chriss2.0

I tried apps on my phone but the GPS on my phone is a bit rubbish
i may just be how ur gps is configured, download gps tools from the market (pic of orange dish with 2 waves in front of it) reset data then download tools for your aria(in app) you can also improve sensitivity.

its worked wonders for me, i find it cheeper to reporpouse and old secondhand phone, rather than buy a cycle computer

Snapper88

I have got a bikehut 11 function wireless cycle computer. Not the best looking but I've not had a problem with it, I also use strava as a comparison on longer rides.

Top Bottom