Cheap New Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
saul

saul

Was mainly going for the Vanquish due to the Carbon Forks. Have just come back from Halfords and have also seen this boardman bike. He says the main difference is the build quality and that the boardman has better wheels. Is the £70 difference worth the expense?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Was mainly going for the Vanquish due to the Carbon Forks. Have just come back from Halfords and have also seen this boardman bike. He says the main difference is the build quality and that the boardman has better wheels. Is the £70 difference worth the expense?
In a word "yes " if your budget can stretch to it .
I have a alloy boardman with sram apex and the build quality is a lot better than the carrera bikes, nowt wrong with it but you can tell the difference and the cxp 22`s are a lot better than the stock wheels .

cyberknight

Just a thought , how are you carrying any work stuff , back pack or panniers as some bikes do not have upper mount points and you would have to use p clips or a seatpost rack .

cyberknight

What about ?
http://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-performance-road-pr7-bike-73113.html
16188_merlin_pr7_road_bike.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't know what post you mean but cool. Only small sizes though so if you are over about 5'8 probably no good

Top Bottom