Cheap paper shredder recommendations wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I got mine from WHSmiths, own brand, nearly 20 years ago.

alicat

Legendary Member
Anything they have in Rymans. They won't want people at the cash till complaining that their shredder packed up after three uses.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
From when I bought mine years ago, the recommendation was to get one that cross cuts small and not just strips...

Cross cut is better for confidential waste, but someone would have to be very very keen to piece a bill together from a normal shredder...
We had a simple shredder at work. The department manager did the annual pay review and then shredded the papers with the figures on. Or at least, tried to...

We were not supposed to tell each other what we were being paid and we soon found out why. Somebody discovered that the shredder was jammed and fished out the semi-shredded document. He sellotaped the paper strips back together and distributed photocopies of the repaired document. Some people were being paid double what others were for doing the same work. The lowest paid person was the only woman in the office. She was better at the job than the highest paid man! Major rumblings of discontent after that episode...! :whistle:

As for the US embassy in Iran... Oops! :laugh:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Went to Currys.
The website indicated a good selection in store. They had 4 to choose from so I went for a Rexel @ £44. Got to the till and it was a different model @ £30. Its a "confetti cut" shredder that takes 5 sheets. Very light compared to the old one.
We shall see :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Went to Currys.
The website indicated a good selection in store. They had 4 to choose from so I went for a Rexel @ £44. Got to the till and it was a different model @ £30. Its a "confetti cut" shredder that takes 5 sheets. Very light compared to the old one.
We shall see :rolleyes:

Beware, you'll be shredding everything tonight ! :whistle:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Beware, you'll be shredding everything tonight ! :whistle:

Too late........I have already started ^_^

Top Bottom