Cheap Sandpaper..What I Have Learnt Today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Werd.

tamiya

How cheap & what exactly are you using it for? :whistle:

The cheapest junk sold here is saffron yellow & looks like sand glued to paper... probably is! Dunno what ppl buy it for... label it as dunny roll & leave it near the throne when their favourite MiL visits? :laugh:

Cheapest I buy is the dark Gray "wet & dry", which is carborundum.

I love the aluminium based stuff.

If there's anything you want polished to mirror shine, go try some 3M Mylar honing film. 1000microns works much better than 2400-3600grit, they go up to 1,000,000mi.:bravo:

MikeG

Guru
If anyone has a brand name for quality wet 'n dry, I'm all ears. I use quite a lot of it, and the decline in quality is more than a little disappointing.

How cheap & what exactly are you using it for? :whistle:

The cheapest junk sold here is saffron yellow & looks like sand glued to paper... probably is! Dunno what ppl buy it for... label it as dunny roll & leave it near the throne when their favourite MiL visits? :laugh:

Cheapest I buy is the dark Gray "wet & dry", which is carborundum.

If there's anything you want polished to mirror shine, go try some 3M Mylar honing film. 1000microns works much better than 2400-3600grit, they go up to 1,000,000mi.:bravo:

To be honest I have had a load for many years and it was indistructable but was running low so Mrs. Slow was going out shopping so I requested she pick me some up.

She came back with a pack of ten assorted "own brand" from one on the "sheds"

I am taking varnish off some units prior to painting them and this stuff is falling apart in my hands and after a couple of minutes has lost any abrasive quality!

Top Bottom