Cheap Tent Reprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just put it up and tried it for size. Easy to put up and quite cozy for one. Just big enough for storing gear. I haven't tensioned it out properly yet but it looks as though it will tension nicely. Light fly so I think prolonged rain might be an issue, need to see what others say on that.

For £18, it's pretty damn good. Son no.1 wants one and he'll share use with me as son no.2 has claimed it for himself :biggrin: So will reserve another at Argos as they only had two left before.

I think it's really neat.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Crackle said:
For £18, it's pretty damn good. Son no.1 wants one and he'll share use with me as son no.2 has claimed it for himself :tongue: So will reserve another at Argos as they only had two left before.

I think it's really neat.

Stocks are really low in my area with many branches having sold out and the remainder having one or two each.

Here you go. Not properly guyed or tensioned but it only took 5 mins to lob up to see what it was like. The dog offered to pose for scale.

I've reserved a 2nd now.

argos%20tent.JPG

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm glad to see you all rate them, I have one too - I got mine second hand off a mate. I've not down loads of camping in it, but it's worked fine everytime, and is pretty easy to put up, and more importantly, to get back in the bag after. My previous tent, a 2 personColeman, (never taken cycletouring, only used for camping on Uni digs) was always a real struggle to get back into the bag.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I took mine touring last week. It's fantastic as a cheap introduction to touring. However, there wasn't much room to maneovre inside which made packing a bit more of a chore so for anything more than 2 or 3 days I'd want something bigger.

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
I took mine touring last week. It's fantastic as a cheap introduction to touring. However, there wasn't much room to maneovre inside which made packing a bit more of a chore so for anything more than 2 or 3 days I'd want something bigger.

I'm working on the principle that I need to learn to pack less....

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
HelenD123 said:

I use mine for 3-4 day tours like C2C and Lon Las Cymru. There's even less space in my tent because of excessive pie and cake consumption.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
:biggrin:Just got mine off the wife and kids for ny birthday pressy,happy everyone rates it because i plan my first long distance next year to Penzance with the idea of meeting them all there to carry on the family holiday.

barnesy

Lived in one for 3 weeks while cycling round Ireland in July, and being Irelands west coast it did stick up to some harsh winds and rainy nights. Loved the tent, was well sized and brilliant for the money. Making me want to get out and tour with it again

rednax86

Long-ish thread bump, but these are still in stock in many places and I've just reserved one for collection tomorrow.

Top Bottom