Cheap Upgrade Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

Last October I bought a 07 model Carrera Virtuoso from Halfrauds for £130. I have since spent roughly the same again on bits and bobs from ebay and in my opinion I have ended up with a lovely winter hack.
The specs are, full carbon fork and seat post. 105 front and rear mech ( rear still to install ) campag compact chain set ( purists, burn me ) upgraded wheels, seat tyres, crud catcher mudguards and Specialized Bar Phat Tape and gel pads. If anyone hasn't tried the pads and tape then please do so, they are fantastic.
I even managed to find some "carbon" type 105 brake pads to replace the horrendous pads that the bike came with.
The only original parts left on the bike are the frame, the bottom bracket, the bars and shifters, the brakes and the headset bearings.
bikes037g.jpg
bikes043.jpg
bikes039.jpg
bikes017.jpg
bikes010.jpg
bikes008.jpg
bikes006.jpg

B1LLY87

Lovely winter hack that mate, good work.

MrMonster

Lovely job you've done there. No idea what the bike might of looked like before, but does appear to be a pretty nice one you've ended up with!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Mark_Robson said:
I even managed to find some "carbon" type 105 brake pads to replace the horrendous pads that the bike came with.

Look good - what + where from? Are they DiscoBrakes ones?

Top Bottom