Cheap work stands

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's the same as a Lidl one from a couple of years back (last lot were quick release).

It's great for the odd bit of home maintenance but I don't suppose a full time mechanic would think it was much cop.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

It's the same as a Lidl one from a couple of years back (last lot were quick release).

It's great for the odd bit of home maintenance but I don't suppose a full time mechanic would think it was much cop.

I'm just wanting one so that I can pop it on and clean the bike, adjust the gears, etc. What's the difference between this and a more expensive stand?

Mike!

Guru
I have one of those from that exact supplier after waiting too long to see one in Lidl, it was delivered next day and does everything i want of it for maintenance and cleaning, very happy for the price!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I have one of those from that exact supplier after waiting too long to see one in Lidl, it was delivered next day and does everything i want of it for maintenance and cleaning, very happy for the price!

How sturdy is it? I'm just curious if it's going to wobble about when I'm spinning the wheels.

compo

Veteran
I have the Lidl one and it is perfectly sturdy. My only gripe is that it wont support the bike on the seat post. The workstand tube turns under the weight of the bike. I have to use the bike's top tube and just nip it up so as not to damage the bike frame. A piece of foam pipe lagging works well to protect the frame.

Mike!

Guru
How sturdy is it? I'm just curious if it's going to wobble about when I'm spinning the wheels.

It'll wobble a bit but it's not enough to bother me. To follow up on compo's comment my MTB won't hold on the seat tube as it's too heavy but no problems with lighter road bikes.

For the cost I think it's a bargain and for the type of usage a work stand gets with me I wouldn't pay anymore but if you want something really solid i think you'll be spending a whole lot more!

RiflemanSmith

I have a Topeak Elite prep stand, I wouldn't say it is cheap but I think it is brilliant.
This is my first workstand so haven't got any thing to judge it by but it is light easy to use and very sturdy.
My bike with out the crap I have on it, is 14kg and there is no movement when working on the bike.
20130322_221515_zps078ba2f6.jpg

U

User482

My Lidl one is more sturdy than the Minoura stand that it replaced.

Top Bottom