cheeky barstewards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

I recently acquired a free Apollo Equipe bike. It looks to be from the early 80's and was originally sold through Halfords. It's a really heavy bike. I was stripping it down earlier today, as I want to get the frame powder coated. As I stipped the bar tape off, I discovered that the alu drop bars are in fact steel! :blush: Steel with a small alu sleeve for the section not covered by bar tape.

3188265252_50d4b60938_o.jpg

So I'm not going to be reusing these. I'm sure I have a spare set of alu drop bars somewhere in the garage... :wacko:

iLB

Hello there
lol thats halfrauds for u !! :wacko:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Ooooh, that's naughty.

Out of interest, why are you having a heavy old frame refurbed? I'm a sod for checking out the lost and abandoned at our local tip but the threat of Mrs Dr Bollo's wrath stops me from adopting any.

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

Bollo said:
Ooooh, that's naughty.

Out of interest, why are you having a heavy old frame refurbed? I'm a sod for checking out the lost and abandoned at our local tip but the threat of Mrs Dr Bollo's wrath stops me from adopting any.

fair question. i just like the look of the old lugged frames. and light lugged frames are expensive. ;) so gas pipe special it is...

it's going to be a winter bike. (almost!) all the old components are going back on, so other than the powdercoat, the bike will have cost very little.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
zzpza said:
fair question. i just like the look of the old lugged frames. and light lugged frames are expensive. :biggrin: so gas pipe special it is...

it's going to be a winter bike. (almost!) all the old components are going back on, so other than the powdercoat, the bike will have cost very little.

Get the hammerite out! You know you want to!;)

Recycling old clunckers is very good for the cycling soul. What little I know about bikes I learned by doing up wrecks.

Top Bottom