Cheeky little chap...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Aint he....

robin.jpg

Here he is in the full pic...

DSC_0266.jpg

No condition for a ride today, tail end of a virus for me, so a long overdue walk round Lyndon reserve at Rutand Water.
Waterfowl all out in open water, no waders...water levels too high, the only birds seen regularly today were tits and chaffinch...not the most helpful birds photographically. :biggrin:

After a 2 or 3 mile walk with little or nothing to show....out pops this little fella...4 feet in front of us ;). Strutted his stuff for a 30 seconds, completely unconcerned by us.
I got 6 shots, but the wind and a 200mm lens make for a shaky shot :blush: This one turned out best.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
ROBINS!!!! Flippin' LOVE robins!!!

Charlotte_C+ :-)

Robins are gorgeous!!, my great grandad loved gardening & always had a robin come sit on his fork handle waiting for him to unearth some juicy worms. so when ever i see one i always think thats grandad keeping a eye on me:smile:

Melvil

My auntie and uncle (who have a massive garden and lots of birds) are more into tits...than robin red, em, breasts - I have to say that greentits are pretty cool to watch.

yenrod

wafflycat said:
Yes, robins are cute, even if they are vicious creatures. I love the one who comes into Chez Wafflycat & takes the food from the cat's dish..

Whats vicious about a sweet innocent robin !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
There's a cheeky wee robin that has taken to coming indoors at Dobbies Garden Centre near Dalkeith. You'll often hear him singing and look up to see him stood on one of the displays somewhere.

He's well fed as they've got some of their bird feeders on display filled with nuts and seeds, just for his delectation. Not sure why H&S haven't clamped down, as he used to nip into the cafe and pinch crumbs off the floor....

It's a cheery sight seeing him inside though ! I think he pops in when the electric doors have opened.

wafflycat

yenrod said:
Whats vicious about a sweet innocent robin !

They are exceedingly territorial and will fight viciously other robins and will attack other small birds, to the extent of killing them on occasion

longers

Legendary Member
Wafflycat speaks truth.

Kingfishers are very territorial too. Did anybody else see the footage of two male Kingfishers locked in a titanic struggle to the death only for a mink to jump out of the riverbank and snatch one of them thus ending the argument ;)? Amazing footage.

Renard

Melvil said:
My auntie and uncle (who have a massive garden and lots of birds) are more into tits...than robin red, em, breasts - I have to say that greentits are pretty cool to watch.

I hate being pedantic but Greentits? ...or am I missing something? ;)

longers

Legendary Member
Well said Alan. Wrens are my favourite birds.

I was watching 5 long-tailed tits on the feeders at my friends house this morning. They're pretty lovely too. I've been fond of them since one flew into a window in our house and I was able to get a really good look at it. Not the most interesting vermiculation out there but very bonny birds.

Top Bottom