Cheers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Experienced some good driving on my 'long' route home tonight...

On my usual training route (not commute) I have a large hill to get up on the way home - 40 mph road and fairly narrow.

At weekends you often get passed pretty close - not a big deal.

As the weather was nice, I rode 20 miles home, which takes in this hill - anyway through some traffic lights, I'm sitting in primary going 35 down hill towards the climb as the road surface is terrible (subsidence) - car sits patiently behind me - I'm still batting along on the flat, hit a double hair pin, round that, then off up the drag - car still behind. Nose to tail traffic on other side, so passing would be tight, but I stay in secondary - car still patient. As the traffic clears and the road is clear on opposite carriageway, the driver then passes with lots of room - Cheers ! I realise then that this was the same car that had passed me a couple of miles earlier with a very wide berth.

So Mr V plate Focus in pale green in the Marple/Romiley area of Stockport - thanks !!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
It good when that happens:biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have a series of hairpin bends on a narrow road on one of my regular loops. The standard of driving seems to alternate between appalling and very courteous. Why this should be, who knows, but it sure lifts my spirits when drivers hold back until safe to pass and then acknowledge my wave of thanks. It makes my day.

Top Bottom