Cherry Gin Chocolates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Today I bottled 1l of cherry gin liqueur. I make it with 1l of Aldi gin, frozen Aldi cherries and 200g caster sugar. Leave for 4 weeks. Sieve out the cherries then filter.
But, I've been thinking about this for some time, I coated some of the cherries in dark chocolate. Don't think they'll be a good car sweet. Delicious. Don't know how long they will last either.
I thought about it with the sloes I sieved from the sloe gin in January but they didn't taste that good.
I've got 1l of forest fruit gin on the go which should be ready in 2 weeks.
I made 2l of sloe gin from sloes picked at the end of November and bottled it in January. We've not touched it yet.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Of all the gin joints in all the world.............

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I put some whole cherries onto vodka in 2012. Still got a few jars left. Is there any disadvantage in leaving fruit + stone and for years?
If the fruit has been totally covered and it smells okay I'd think it would be. I would strain and the filter it though. I use a fine sieve to strain and then filter through coffee filters.
If there is a lot sediment after straining I use a single layer of bounty (it's stronger than cheaper towels) in a funnel as my filter paper.
I get my recipes of the Internet. I have rhubarb under forcer and plan to make rhubarb gin in a few weeks. I have found in the past that the flavour needs perking up with a few drops of essence.

Top Bottom