Cheshire Cat sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yanto

Hi all. Thinking of entering this event in 2009. Anyone on here rode it in the past? How would you rate it please? Many thanks :blush:

a_n_t

I would rate it as expensive!

trio25

Über Member
I did it last year. Wasn't impressed with the organisation, no official car parking, not enough signs (I'm not talking about the ones that went missing). Some people loved it though I just think there are better organised sportives out there.

OP
OP
Y

Yanto

trio - thanks for your reply. I am looking for an early season sportive in the North Wales/ North West area. Not done one before, so if you coud recommend an alternative I would really appreciate it. Cheers

RedBike

I also found it expensive and it wasn't the best organised sportive I've done.

Most annoying was the compete lack of marshalls out on route and the fact that loads of the signs were missing; one sign was even pointing the wrong way. (Apparently someone had deliberately removed several of them!)

If I hadn't of had local knowledge I would of got very lost. I went miles off route as it was. In fact while in Macclesfield town center (about 10miles off route) I got flagged down by another group who didn't know which way it was back.

OP
OP
Y

Yanto

Must admit, a mate of mine rode it last year and did an extra 15 miles due to lack of signing. Got lost a couple of times.

Tarbo

Newbie here.

I was thinking of doing this aswell. Having read the reviews on the CycloSport website about the signage etc I am now in two minds. Want to do a few this year and this was first on the calender along with the Lakeland Loop. How hard are the hills as I'm not a brilliant climber ? Completed the David Lloyd (Small one) and the Wild Wales Challenge last year without having to get off and push. Are the hills on the Cheshire cat any worse ?

OP
OP
Y

Yanto

Tarbo - the Wild Wales is another that I fancy doing as its very close to me. What did you think of it? Can't see the 2009 event listed as yet though

Tarbo

WWC

WWC was excellent. Best 86 miles I've spent on a bike for a long time :biggrin: Really enjoyed it. Met some friends from Rhyl CC and went round with them. Bala to Barmouth, then back vis Trawsfynnydd. Would thoroughly recommend it. Even better was the fact that it never touched Bwlch-Y-Groes :tongue: Deffo on the list for next year.

Ravenz

RedBike said:
I also found it expensive and it wasn't the best organised sportive I've done.

Most annoying was the compete lack of marshalls out on route and the fact that loads of the signs were missing;
==================================
That would explain why the organiser has a pro stance of fuffin GPSs in this weeks CW!!!!:angry:
If I had the money I dare say I would be tempted to gadget the bike with an overexpensive moby.. but I havent, so temptation is aside .. anyways I actually like to look at proper maps and write a simple route plan and have that imaginary wad to put against another bike ..

a_n_t

I did the climb from langley through Macc forest today, not much fun in the snow!

Looking at the cc map it looks like they're taking the easier option? The OS map has 1 chevron on it where as the climb I did today had 2 and was about 25%?

??

Top Bottom