cheshire cat sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
Thanks Redbike, yes the camera man made it look a lot flatter than it is. Coming up to it, it looks just like a wall rising up in front of you.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm sure I'll feel happier after seeing riding struggling up this "wall of tarmac" but you two aren't filling me full of confidence ;).

trio25

Über Member
I did the ride the whole way longers so it is rideable. if I can get up something, must people can.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
longers said:
Any pics to post here Redbike?

All being well a couple of us are going to have a look next weekend. The rest of the route is flattish on the whole though isn't it?

apart from the bosley "cloud", which will hurt after that sort of distance (it comes after mow cop).

longers

Legendary Member
Well we went up today (and down it twice :blush:). It is indeed a wall of tarmac but only a short one past the pub. I feel a bit happier about it now. Bosley cloud should be interesting after that.

The bit that gets me is before the Cloud, when you go through Congleton, over the crossroads by the church and drop down under the railway line...and then very steeply uphill.
I usually whack it up into the big ring to have a fast run down the drop, under the railway, but then don't change back down quick enough and get stuck in completely the wrong gear on that short steep bit.
Lots of crunching from the gears and an impromptu trackstand...

trio25

Über Member
So are we all ready for tomorrow, I'm not sure I am. But at least the weather forcast has improved.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone back then....should have been a head wind out, then a tail for Mow Cop and Cloud (hopefully) - blowing a serious gale in Derbyshire today !

RedBike

I was too late to enter (the event was full). Just been speaking to a friend who did the 100 mile route. He looks absolutely shattered. Apparently he (and several other riders) went completely the wrong way because some of the signs were missing. (I bet he just missed them).

longers

Legendary Member
He didn't miss them, two of them really were missing. We got lucky* and then they sent some marshalls out to direct and reinstate the signs.

A cracking day out :biggrin:. Good weather and a very good route.

*a chap in the distance waved us left at one junction and when he caught us up we found out he'd only been saying hello as he thought we were two of his group! Good job he didn't use the other arm to wave.

trio25

Über Member
Well I'm back, I got lost at one point, added an extra 6miles or so. But apart from that it was a perfect day and I have now rode my first 100miler!

I also met Longers at one of the feed stations.

Top Bottom