Cheshire ride #2, Sat, 31st August, 2019 (100+ miles from Walkden, 120+ kms from Dunham)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm still well up for it. I think we will get some rain but not for hours continuously. The strongish head wind will be a bit of a grind on the outward leg to Venition Marina but at least we will have a strong tailwind for the return leg.

Katherine

Guru
Have a good ride everyone. I've got too much to do tomorrow, I'm afraid!

GuyBoden

Guru
I'll see everyone at the "Big Tree" Dunham Massey, I'll get there before 9:30am.

Weather looks promising:
Hopefully it will be in the dry percentage.
Weather .png

Its very unusual for @ColinJ to have not posted on his ride thread this late the night before his ride. I hope he is ok.

I suggest we all log into the ride thread occasionally before we retire to bed and perhaps again very early in the morning if Colin has not posted by then. Hopefully, he is fine and has simply been busy with other things.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:whistle:

First I put my MTB Crudguards on my bike. Then I was going to come on here but sister #1 phoned. 53 minutes later (!) I decided that I had better eat ASAP or I wouldn't feel like having breakfast at 06:00 tomorrow. I watched the Channel 4 news while eating, and THEN was going to come on the forum but a friend phoned. 42 minutes later THAT call was over, so I got on the computer but remembered that I hadn't uploaded the various files to my GPS. Did that, but then sister #2 rang. Another 50 minutes ...

And finally, here I am! :laugh:

Yes, I fully intend to ride tomorrow and will be catching the 07:20 train from Todmorden as planned so... see Littgull on the train, skud at Walkden station, and Guy at Dunham. I reckon the threat of rain has put @Pennine-Paul off!?

Phew! Glad you are still with us, Colin.

Reassuring in a way, I thought it was only me who had 'chaotic' evenings like that!^_^.

See you on the 7.30 am train tomorrow. All bike prep now done.

First I put my MTB Crudguards on my bike. Then I was going to come on here but sister #1 phoned. 53 minutes later (!) I decided that I had better eat ASAP or I wouldn't feel like having breakfast at 06:00 tomorrow. I watched the Channel 4 news while eating, and THEN was going to come on the forum but a friend phoned. 42 minutes later THAT call was over, so I got on the computer but remembered that I hadn't uploaded the various files to my GPS. Did that, but then sister #2 rang. Another 50 minutes ...

Yes, I fully intend to ride tomorrow and will be catching the 07:20 train from Todmorden as planned so... see Littgull on the train, skud at Walkden station, and Guy at Dunham. I reckon the threat of rain has put @Pennine-Paul off!?

Yes,the rain has put me off and finding a huge mountain of Cat poop in the outhouse tonight ,I've been ordered by Swmbo to fit a door to prevent any more feline deposits tomorrow!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Right, I've caught upon today's stage of the Vuelta and got everything (except myself!) ready for tomorrow, so I'll have an early night for a change. (Well, I will play a few computer puzzle games before lights out, but at least I should get 4.5 hours sleep rather than the 3 that I got last time!)

Top Bottom