Chesini Innovation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Found another interesting bike....anyone have a view on it ?
37093732_1758105320952756_6246632248125161472_n.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks nice. What's the frame tubing and how much he is it?

Innovations are Columbus EL OS:wub:

One of the first compact frame designs, (I forget which UK frame maker was doing similar in the early 1990s).

I think this is one of the later versions as it does not have chromed lugs. In fact it is very understated for a Chesini, and I am not sure that is a good thing.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Innovations are Columbus EL OS:wub:

One of the first compact frame designs, (I forget which UK frame maker was doing similar in the early 1990s).

I think this is one of the later versions as it does not have chromed lugs. In fact it is very understated for a Chesini, and I am not sure that is a good thing.
Am l right in thinking that Columbus EL and Genius were made from Nivacrom steel specifically for time trial and climbing bikes. Ive had a look around on the web and it would appear that Chesini Innovations were available either with or without chromed lugs ! I guess from the aesthetic point of view l would prefer chrome but hey l cant be too fussy :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Was that the one and only ? :whistle:
Im being a bit thick this morning, its the only one l've seen so far mind you l wasn't looking for a Chesini in particular and to be honest l am still thinking about the LOOK but l am waiting for some more detailed photos....and the LOOK is a couple of hundred € more than the Innovation . Make up my mind soon l feel.:wacko:

Im being a bit thick this morning, its the only one l've seen so far mind you l wasn't looking for a Chesini in particular and to be honest l am still thinking about the LOOK but l am waiting for some more detailed photos....and the LOOK is a couple of hundred € more than the Innovation . Make up my mind soon l feel.:wacko:
Put "Hawks "on the end of your bike and you might get what I'm talking about .

Am l right in thinking that Columbus EL and Genius were made from Nivacrom steel specifically for time trial and climbing bikes. Ive had a look around on the web and it would appear that Chesini Innovations were available either with or without chromed lugs ! I guess from the aesthetic point of view l would prefer chrome but hey l cant be too fussy :smile:

You can be as fussy as you want:smile:.

EL is made from Nivacrom. It has a bit of a reputation for denting easily as it is very thinly dearn. The Oversized version was, i believe, intended to make the tubes a bit stiffer and reduce the denting issue (this may be total rubbish , hopefully an expert will come along ).

450 is a good price. By way of comparison this frame has been on eBay for a little while. Bling paint job, and characteristic dents

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CHE...rentrq:9e0c597d1640ac84c0b3ef29fffcfc03|iid:1

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You can be as fussy as you want:smile:.

EL is made from Nivacrom. It has a bit of a reputation for denting easily as it is very thinly dearn. The Oversized version was, i believe, intended to make the tubes a bit stiffer and reduce the denting issue (this may be total rubbish , hopefully an expert will come along ).

450 is a good price. By way of comparison this frame has been on eBay for a little while. Bling paint job, and characteristic dents

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CHESINI-INNOVATION-COLUMBUS-EL-OS-55cm-frameset-STEEL-MINDBLOWING-PAINTJOB/273161027215?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=52955&meid=75661b745f7348b99f251b6c8398dc96&pid=100675&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=392081303883&itm=273161027215&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:d5f2f558-882f-11e8-bfde-74dbd1808291|parentrq:9e0c597d1640ac84c0b3ef29fffcfc03|iid:1
I see what you mean about the frame on e Bay, l wouldn't buy it with those dents but it is a nice paint job.
I would be happy to buy the red one at 450 , l am waiting for some more info on the Look which l also like but is it worth another 200 ? Thats the question l have to answer for myself. :cuppa:

Top Bottom