Chesini TLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I have taken the Chesini of the turbo and given it a bit of TLC.
20220208_144315.jpg

20230426_112758.jpg

20230426_112840.jpg

20230426_112556.jpg

20230426_112911.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice! You repaint it yourself Venod?

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Nice! You repaint it yourself Venod?

No, local wheel refinishers £50, transfers from Serbia.

Took it for a spin today, rides well, but I am used to tubeless now, the narrowest I have been running is 28mm tubeless, on the Chesini they are 25mm tubed at a higher pressure and I can tell the difference, I might have to source some tubeless rims or wheelset.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Took it for a spin today, rides well, but I am used to tubeless now, the narrowest I have been running is 28mm tubeless, on the Chesini they are 25mm tubed at a higher pressure and I can tell the difference, I might have to source some tubeless rims or wheelset.
Is there enough clearance for bigger tyres?

I have put 28s on the bike that I bought off your lad, and they are a noticeable improvement on the 25s that I originally put on.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Is there enough clearance for bigger tyres?
Yes it will take 28's I have tried the ones I have on another set of wheels, I have run tubeless on non tubeless rims on the MTB, I have some 25 tubeless that I have tried on the normal rims but they are too slack, and at the higher pressure required not worth the risk.

Drago

Legendary Member
No, local wheel refinishers £50, transfers from Serbia.

Well it looks great.

I run my roadies tubeless too (other than the Claud), can fee the difference. Attention to wheels and the like really makes a road bike.

Don't on my MTBs, with my weight I can't run the low pressures anyway.

Nice project.

Top Bottom