Chevin Cycles, Skipton vs Otley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
How about go to either shop and try a few. If you like what they have and are a "brand", Google wiggle/ribble/chain reaction for a price comparison, then ask for a price match, if they won't budge, then walk away and order the same online.

MarkF

Guru
I've been in the Skipton shop a few times, they are the modern boutique bike shops upselling and adding value to basic bike stuff. I'd go to the Otley shop as there are far more pubs nearby.:okay:

OP
OP
F
Thanks guys.

Was going to order a pair online, but really need to try them on. And because I haven't worn them before, I don't know how they will differ to normal trainers/shoes

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks guys.

Was going to order a pair online, but really need to try them on. And because I haven't worn them before, I don't know how they will differ to normal trainers/shoes
Do you have an evans close by if Chevin can't help? I've actually been in the Skipton one, think mainly a Trek so Bontrager dealer, think the SSR shoe would be closest to a trainer)?

Evans have a massive range online, sonas long as you have a good credit card limit, you could order a few pairs that you like the look of, go to store, try on, return any there and then and get your card recredited. Personally I only ever use a CC online, not debit

Cycling shoes generally come up smaller and narrower than trainers if you have wide feet

OP
OP
F
Had a look at Skipton branch this morning and straight away a member of staff came to me. Haven't had that in a shop before. Didn't ask about shoes and din't see any so I guess they were upstairs. And they didn't have any SIS bottles, so guess I'll order them on Halfords since they're cheap (or ebay). Also was going to get the SPD M520 pedals from Halfords, but at £30 I won't bother since they're cheaper online at only £21!!!
They have some large Camelbak Podium bottles but I don't want that brand again and they were expensive at £16.99 :ohmy:

Took my current bottle cage to Skipton. It's an Elite Custom Race cage, not sure if it'll fit the SIS 800ml bottles.

I'll look closer at shoes after I come back from Scotland in 3 weeks. Probably have to go to Evans (at Leeds) and drag the sister with me hahaha

Last edited:
Top Bottom