Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Is this mother being irresponsible and should the local constabulary be proffering "words of advice"?

motherbike-holland.jpg

<Retires to bunker>

green1

Über Member
Yes definite child abuse, anybody subjected to that top should be able to get counselling.

grolyat

Any town whose roads are filled with women and children on utility bikes is heaven. I've toured all over the world and that's my single most important method of judging a place. If you want peaceful and civilised/civilising communities, then that's what we need to encourage.

gt.jpg

and

Picture1.jpg

are not mutually exclusive.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Is this mother being irresponsible and should the local constabulary be proffering "words of advice"?

motherbike-holland.jpg

<Retires to bunker>
GIven its top-heaviness, the handling would be a little more erratic than I'd like - and that's before you take into account the wriggliness of toddlers.

Mind you, that sort of thing (only with one seat) was my first experience on a bike - I have a distinct memory of being ridden around a large, busy roundabout in Newcastle at the age of about 3.

U

User169

That's over a grand's worth of bike. Can't help feeling the bikes with the box on the front are a better solution; we gave one a test drive once, but baulked at the 2500 price tag.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
That's over a grand's worth of bike. Can't help feeling the bikes with the box on the front are a better solution; we gave one a test drive once, but baulked at the 2500 price tag.

Ditto, in Copenhagen every bugger rides a Christiana bike and they're really affordable. I did consider flying over on RyanAir and cycling one home through Europe, but that would just be silly.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What sort of irresponsible Dad would allow his 2 year old child to have such fun on a bike without a plastic lid?. He should be locked up for child abuse. Will no one think of the children for Gawds sake.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'd have loved that when I was a kid!

My mother couldn't ride a bike. She once tried to learn but abandoned it after wobbling into a ditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom