Child seat - front or back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

I tend to stand sideways on and then just swing the inside leg forward and over so to speak. It can be a bit of a strain first thing in the morning.

The more difficult skill to master is the dismount. I try to get off as I'm coming to a halt - I find it more difficult once you've stopped completely.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I always found it difficult to mount and dismount when we used a seat for my son so solution was to get my wife to have it on her step through. :rolleyes:

stowie

Legendary Member
Thanks for all your replies. I am reassured that I am not alone in this issue!

I have been trying to do the leg-swinging as described, and I must say that you all must be more nimble than me. After several attempts I think I have got a technique for mounting and dismounting that won't high-kick my offspring in the face, but feel I am risking my hamstring...

I will need to have a good few dry runs at this before putting my child in the seat. Otherwise I will end up in a heap with a bruised daughter crying at me, and an angry wife shouting at me.

Failing this, I may have to buy a bicycle for the missus that allows us to step through.

Top Bottom