Child Trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unfit Fifer

HI,

Not sure of this is the correct forum as I am new here:blush:

Does anyone have any experience of Child Trailers?

I have two anchors children, 18 months and 3.5 years.

Currently have a Ridgeback Velocity and was thinking about attaching a trailer to this.

This is the commuting beast so would need to be able detach and re-attach with ease.......

Anyone have any experience of such a thing? Or a leftfield suggestion of how to transport them!

Not sure what the top weight / age is for the trailer occupants??

Cheers!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi there Unfit Fifer.
Bought a trailer for my little one recently.
It's an Adventure AT1. The 2 seat version is the AT3 Amazon selling for £149 Here
Very well made, very nice, safe & comfortable for the little one, good saftey harness, plenty of storage space. Can also be converted into a pushchair. Folds down for storage too.

Attaches very easy to my Secteur Road Bike via a steel hitch to the rear axle, with a safety harness on the hitch for good measure. I just leave the hitch on the bike all the time.

5001893357_4f3a3e0195.jpg

Firestorm

Veteran
When I was a nipper I was transported like this

3261553.jpg

Except it was more of a racing Tandem and a wicker sidecar, but I couldn't find any pictures of that particular combo

OP
OP
U

Unfit Fifer

hmm - Thanks for that.

I also have the same road bike, never thought about attaching it to the road machine!

Ideally, I would like a doubler but I am not sure of that is feasible given the combined weight / age:blink:

mark barker

I've got a Halfords twin seat trailer and riding with my 3 & 5 year old isn't a problem. The trailer attaches to the bike in the same way as the one shown above, and the area behind the seat is big enough for a picnic and the optional teddy bear!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hmm - Thanks for that.

I also have the same road bike, never thought about attaching it to the road machine!

Ideally, I would like a doubler but I am not sure of that is feasible given the combined weight / age:blink:

I have fixed the link to the Double Seater on Amazon in my original reply to you

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I've got a Bellelli child taxi for my 5 and 3 year old to be lugged on trails with.Mine was from Halfords using some of my Cycle to work voucher.It's got a nice sturdy feel and good storage for a cool bag and other goodies for the kids ( and me ! )

DSCN4199.jpg

I only use it on my Spec Rockhopper and i leave the mount attached as it is not cumbersom and is so easy to fit the trailer too.

g00se

Veteran
We're thinking of getting one when our littlun is bigger. A neighbour takes their six-year-old everywhere in a Burley trailer (10+ miles a day). He says that they've been through a few and the Burley is by far the best quality one they've had. Not cheap mind.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I also bought a cheap trailer of ebay. I got it to take out granddaughter, who is 2 1/2, but have only used it a couple of times so far. It is a 2 seater old Halfords trailer so hope we can take out her and her young sister (only 3 months so too young yet).
I use my MTB for the trailer and fitted a prop stand to bike when I got the trailer. I found parking bike a little difficult, with trailer, sometimes having to lay bike down.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
We're thinking of getting one when our littlun is bigger. A neighbour takes their six-year-old everywhere in a Burley trailer (10+ miles a day). He says that they've been through a few and the Burley is by far the best quality one they've had. Not cheap mind.

Do it when the time comes ! It add's a nice extra bit of family involvment to the cycling bug ! My kids love it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Took littlun' for a quick spin today. First time on bigger roads. I was pleasantly surprised at how much space car drivers gave to us & at how patient they were whilst behind us. A stark opposite to when I am on the bike on my own.. The reactions we got from the majority of car drivers, passengers and peds was a cherry smile and wave, (but it may have something to do with the personalised number plate)
thumbsup.png

5002493240_255b372c9f.jpg

C

chillyuk

Both my kids are in their late 30's so will they be a bit to big for a trailer? Seriously, I find the same as Ianrauk when towing my cargo trailer that cars seem to give me more room.

decca234uk

That's a great looking trailer, I was in Munster recently which is a major biking city with plenty of cycle only roads and lots of mothers took their kids to school with these trailers. I've never seen so many in one place, it was great.

Top Bottom