Childhood injuries (as a result of games/playing)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the snail

Guru
I managed to knock myself out falling off my skateboard on the first day of school hols, in casualty within 2 hrs of finishing school. In the last week of holiday, with my brand-new helmet, I fell off again and sprained my knee. Unsurprisingly I didn't get much sympathy from the nurses:
"can you put your leg straight so I can x-ray your knee?"
"er no it' hurts too much"
"oh don't worry it doesn't matter" before slamming my leg flat

nurse 2 "I need to drain the fluid from your knee in case it's bleeding, this is gonna hurt" (brandishing biggest syringe I'd ever seen)
After a few minutes trying/scraping of needle on joint "oh dear this syringe is too small, I'll have to use a bigger one"

happy days

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My younger brother decided for a lark to get into a cardboard box and slide down our front stairs. We lived in an upstairs maisonette at the time. At the bottom of the stairs was the wall as the front door was a 90degree turn to the left. He managed to get to the bottom still in the box, but as the box dug into the floor he was catapulted out headfirst in to wall infront of him. yet another trip to the hospital for my parents to have stitches put into the headwound.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Another one on our old mothballed airbase..at about 14, i had a friend Stefan. We were in the surrounding woodland and someone had found a hulking great axe. We're going to chop trees down, chop anything we could find. We did find an old piece of a piano, the spar with all the strings attached. I was swinging the (blunt) axe furiously overhead, chopping like my life depended on it...all of the sudden, the axe went light...:wacko: , then Stefan screamed :ohmy:
The axe head had flew off, looped through the air and straight into his mouth, bust his lips wide open. God almighty...to think what could have happened.:whistle:

Top Bottom