Childhood nostalgia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dfthe1

In a fit of nostalgia, I'm trying to identify my childhood bike, which I had between the ages of about 9 and 12.

It was a red, junior size Falcon racer, with drop bars, 5 speed with a friction shift on the down tube, levers on the flats that pulled the take levers on the drops, and white Falcon lettering in the brush script style.

That's all I have. No photos and my mum remembers nothing about it. It will have been bought second hand in around 1989 -- but I don't know how old it was when bought. I've seen one old Falcon catalogue from the 70s/80s with some junior bikes -- but not mine.

Can anyone help satisfy my nostalgic curiosity?

Thanks!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I had a metallic amber Raleigh Tomahawk when i was a kid (1977ish)... loved it. That got replaced by a cast iron wannabe Chopper BSO when i was about nine... looked good in Woolworths but it proved to be a terrible bike. Fast forward to the mid nineties when I'm all grown up and clearing a bloke's back yard ready for a party, i spotted a very familiar looking bike; a metallic amber Raleigh Tomahawk... but not just any Tomahawk.... my Tomahawk!! (the formula one sticker I'd put on the down tube when i was a kid proved it). It was no longer of use as the blokes son was too big for it, so I got my trusty old childhood bike back and it currently resides (in pieces) in a trunk, in my dad's garage. :smile:

Top Bottom