Children dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The usual approach is to explain that sometimes people stop loving each other and need to be apart. Assure them that the grandparant still like each other. Also stress that Mummy and Daddy love each other loads.

That's what I would do.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
They will not necessarily extrapolate from the event. Even if they do kids are more robust than you'd give them credit for. I have a year seven form group who were eleven years old when I inherited them. The amount of dysfunction in many of their families render a single parting of the ways as insignificant and none of them appear to be emotionally troubled by the rifts, remarriages and turbulence in their lives. The most troubled kids in my form are the ones whose families stick together but have a high degree of animosity between family members.

I'd gently break the news to them. I'd not make any links to your own family unit or even attempt to reassure the kids that you and your partner will not do the same as that's likely to sow the seeds of doubt. Answer and questions that they raise and leave it at that.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Just say that Nanny was getting on a bit and passed her sell by date so we had to send her to heaven like we did the dog
tongue.gif

Top Bottom